Chiptune Chiptune

The first thing I noticed was that you used the default FL Studio drum samples, and without any effects or mastering, etc. Using the preset sounds is a HUGE red flag, and it sounds like shit. As for the rest of the song, you need to work on your mix and master, because it sounds a little bit muddy.

Thegroove responds:

Thanks for your Feedback. I am not really good at mastering. I am trying to make it better. I will update the track soon.

"Rush" - 8bit Music "Rush" - 8bit Music

I have to agree with Synetics. The chord progression during the 1:50 breakdown is probably the best part of the song. Good stuff!

Housik Housik

I heard the first part of the song and thought it was really good and then saw that you used loops. Since you're a complete beginner, I don't blame you. Using real music software isn't easy and at first loops sound like the best thing in the world, but once you've had your fun, I implore you to move on and make your own music. Marketing arranged loops is pretty much stealing. It's uncreative, unoriginal, and not even your own content, all you're doing is sticking them in different places which takes almost no effort.

Bounce Bounce

Great song, but nobody's really pointing out the fact that this isn't a dubstep song. If anything, it's electro house as far as the drums and synth though.

aaronmusslewhite responds:

oh right. It was supposed to be under dance. I clicked dubstep out of habit haha. Thanks for the heads up

ShootingStar ShootingStar

Not terrible, but there is just about zero variation, the whole song is the same and very boring the entire way through.

akiTONE responds:

... are you sure there's zero variation?

There are several unique (arpeggiated) chord progressions and (somewhat simple) basslines, and several instruments are introduced and removed at various points within the song.

I will admit the higher piano riffs are mostly similar, but that's because they serve as a descant.

These Guys are Dangerous These Guys are Dangerous

You should think of selling your music, applying to a label, etc. (If you haven't already). This is buyable, I'd buy it.

Scorched Earth-Drum&Bass Scorched Earth-Drum&Bass

Really good stuff. The fact that I hate DnB in general and that I enjoyed this song means it must be pretty damn good.

Sea - Tutter Sea - Tutter

Not bad, I liked the main melody. A little more variation would be nice, and the drums could use some volume or compression. Other than that, not too shabby.

UFO Engine by Polyverse UFO Engine by Polyverse

I don't really want to be that guy, but someone has to. It really wasn't a dubstep song. Also, none of your sounds really 'fit' together. They all sounded like they were from different genres and some hurt my ears. Try to separate your frequencies; you've got too many sounds at the same frequencies and it makes them distorted and sounds bad. Try to add a little variation, it doesn't sound like a song because the beginning, middle, and end are almost exactly the same. There aren't any surprises, or even a climax. Sorry to be a little harsh on the bashing, but that's what I needed to improve.

Space Fucking Space Fucking

I can't complain. The beat was really interesting, but I feel the melodies were extremely boring throughout. There's nothing in the song that's catchy and gets stuck in your head. It's more ambient than anything.

thrashballs responds:

Thank you for the feedback. The song itself isn't supposed to get stuck in your head. It's the type of song you feel in the moment where you don't actually listen but rather feel.